Proper grooming for pets is an essential part of your pet’s care and keeps them looking, and feeling, their best. At Animal House we offer a personal and professional service to our clients with the utmost emphasis placed on the safety and well-being of each and every dog placed under our care; it is important for us to give your dog a ‘happy’ grooming experience and you peace of mind. Each animal is given a specific appointment time with their groomer. We want each dog to move from bathing to drying to styling with as little stress as possible.
Once the groomer and bather review the services you have requested they begin the process:
Your dog is brushed & inspected for any skin conditions such as fleas or dry skin.
1. Then the bathing process begins. Each pet receives two or more baths using a deep cleaning, exfoliating shampoo. At Animal House we use the Prima Bathing System. This technology helps rejuvenate the pet’s epidermis by oxygenating underneath the fur, opening up the pores and completely cleansing them of oils and bacteria. This also helps restore a youthful sheen and vigor to the animals coat, skin, and nails. During the deep cleaning process eye white (to remove tear stains) is applied and the ear canals are cleaned.
2. After the deep cleaning bath your pet is bathed in a moisturizing shampoo followed with a ph balancing rinse and deodorizer. Once the shampoo process is complete a conditioner for the skin and hair is applied.
3. Each pet is towel dried and then is hand dried with a forced air drier to help remove any loose hair. The final stage of drying is when your dog is brushed out to remove any undercoat and to fluff the hair for the stylist. Your dog is now ready for the groomer.
4. Once with the groomer, your pet is brushed again to fluff the hair for the haircut. Clippers and scissors are used to create the style you requested. It is during the haircut that the nails are cut and buffed. Any matts which have formed in the paws are removed. Ear hair is pulled (if any is present). Medicated ear powder is applied to help remove any moisture and to protect the ears.
5. To finish, the dog is fluffed and brushed one final time. A finishing spray is applied to help repel dirt and lock in moisture. Bows and/or bandanas are put on your dog. Fragrance application and any finishing touches are done at this time.
We are happy to discuss your requirements and style your dog according to your wishes and your lifestyle. The QUALITY of your pet’s groom is our number one concern.
We are NOT a grooming franchise.